TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    transportation code 550.022
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

transportation code 550.022 Login/Join 
posted
Does this statute cover a one vehicle accident where the only damage is to the driver's vehicle? Local law enforcement has attempted to file several cases recently where a driver (with no passengers) leaves the scene after flipping his truck or car.

Posts: 8 | Location: Corsicana, Texas, USA | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think not. Would he give his name, address, and insurance information to himself? This is too much of a reach to file.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about 550.026 - if damage to vehicle is to the extent that it cannot be safely driven, operator shall immediately give notice of accident to: local police or sheriff's office. I guess the question would be was the vehicle capable of being driven safely - and if abandoned would that not indicate it couldn't be driven safely? Are the police maybe charging under the wrong statute? I had one vehicle accident - car had to be towed - driver was charged under 550.026 - failure to report the accident.

[This message was edited by pkdyer on 09-10-04 at .]

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post