TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Gag Order
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gag Order Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have a good gag order? Please email to stephenbristow@sbcglobal.net. Thanks SB

Posts: 27 | Location: Graham, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While there is no example of a gag order in the book, the TDCAA ethics book sets out the requirements for differing types of gag orders and discusses the case law surrounding them. See Legal Ethics and Criminal Law at 100-05.

Posts: 8 | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve, my judge used one a few years ago. He researched it pretty thoroughly before he prepared it. I will fax you a copy.

Posts: 170 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found a copy of the gag order upheld in the Yates case. John Bradley did a piece for the Bar Journal in October of 2004 as part of the Dealing with the Media Series related to the Yates and other High Profile cases-the order is not included in the Journal article,but if you Google "Harris County Gag Order in texasbarjournal.com" , like me you should be able to get the PrinterTemplate version of the article which has at the tail end a copy of the actual Order from June 26, 2001. Hope it works. Thanks for your help John and everyone on this posting.

Posts: 83 | Location: Caldwell,Texas,USA | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all. John and Mark have provided me with proposed orders. Maybe I can have a trial in the courtroom instead of the media!!

Posts: 27 | Location: Graham, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post