TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Need Help ASAP with getting child to Child Advocacy Center
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Help ASAP with getting child to Child Advocacy Center Login/Join 
posted
We need to get a child to the Child Advocacy Center for a forensic interview ASAP, but suspect the child's mother is not going to take him voluntarily. Is there way to obtain a court order allowing us to take him? If so, and you have the necessary documents to share, my email is mspacek@hughes.net. Thanks in advance.

[I edited this post from the original frantic version so that the suspected facts of the case--obviously is still under investigation--are not posted on the internet for all the world to see.]

[This message was edited by MSpacek on 10-05-07 at .]

Posts: 50 | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you contacted CPS? They might need to do an emergency removal under TFC 262.104. They also should have a right to do an interview with the child under TFC 261.302. Under TFC 261.301(f)CPS' investigation should be done jointly with law enforcement.

Posts: 527 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas, | Registered: May 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been in contact with CPS since I posted. They have been involved, but unfortunately, the criminal investigation and the CPS investigation have been disjointed. Hopefully I've got all parties communicating and back on the right track together so we can get this accomplished.

[This message was edited by MSpacek on 10-05-07 at .]

Posts: 50 | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post