TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    New Insanity Defense
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Insanity Defense Login/Join 
posted
Anyone watch Boston Legal? I just learned of a new defense last night.

"Not Guilty by reason of Insanity of the District Attorney"

Maybe you guys at TDCAA can find some case law on point.

Posts: 38 | Location: Henderson County | Registered: July 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of legal shows, the early promise of Conviction has not panned out. Really bad show. Anyone else still watching it?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never watched Boston Legal, since it was a spinoff from The Practice which I hated. (I still think that skinny ADA Lara Flynn Boyle lost all her cases because she was hungry.) But I really HATE Conviction! I hope it dies! I stopped watching it after an episode in which the one ADA who sleeps with all the women in the office showed up at his boss's apartment late at night and she came down and talked to him in her nightgown and he was whining, "I just don't know if my defendant that I'm in the middle of a murder trial on is really guilty." NOT REALISTIC! Plus, I hate that smarmy dude with the goatee (who was great on Six Feet Under), and that wimpy newby female prosecutor.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jane,

You don't think it's realistic? You mean all prosecutors don't have sex with their boss on the desk? Wow, the things you learn! I still watch the show regularly out of a bizarre hope it'll improve. It's still better than shows like Boston Legal or (dare I say the name) InJustice. I don't like the guy with the goatee and the black guy who's never lost a case REALLY irritates me. All three of the female prosecutors are incredibly annoying, especially since they're not allowed to have any side stories about any part of their life but their sex lives. (Well, one of them had a story about her mom, I'll grant.) That and they never wear suits, just short skirts, tight sweaters, and knee-high boots. Not exactly part of the typical dress code! (It wouldn't bother me so much if the guys were also casual, but no, they're always in fancy suits.)

The only character I actually like on occasion is Nick, the guy who started in the first episode. Are they trying to say something, with only the guy who doesn't know what he's doing being allowed to be human?

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post