TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    odd death penalty motion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

odd death penalty motion Login/Join 
posted
Lurker stepping into the fray here... Has anyone else come across a motion to preclude the death penalty as a sentencing option on the grounds that a lack of uniform standards to guide prosecutors on their decision to seek it is a violation of equal protection. And here's the kicker: the authority cited is Bush v. Gore and it's rationale. Is this making the defense bar rounds.I apologize if this has been discussed previously. Just curious for some thoughts of those more experienced than myself... seemed laughable for any number of reasons to me.

Posts: 4 | Registered: March 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'VE SEEN THAT ARGUMENT IN AN APPELLATE BRIEF SEVERAL TIME. IS THE JUDGE ASKING FOR A RESONSE? IF SO, CALL OUR DA OFFICE IN GRAYSON COUNTY AND I'LL E-MAIL YOU OUR CANNED RESPONSE.

Posts: 8 | Location: GRAYSON COUNTY, TEXAS | Registered: March 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post