TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Chicken soup for the crook
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicken soup for the crook Login/Join 
posted
It is rare that a potentially very violent crime (rape, robbery, murder) ends with a positive story. But, this local victim in Williamson County really inspired me, and I wanted to share it.

For the story, click here.

Anything inspirational happening in your neck of the woods?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the TV interview, click here.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, my career highlight involves a very nice young lady whose wonderful grandparents took over a guardianship of her after her mom's boyfriend went to prison for crimes against her. Mom was on the side of the offender and didn't believe the daughter. Probably still doesn't believe her child...but we always believed this child. Mom was ready to give the child to the grandparents after the trial.

That child is much better off now. Taking violin lessons, doing all sorts of extra-curricular activities she didn't have in her life before, and really, it is like the child got a second chance at a wonderful childhood. She's living in a new town, with new friends, while mom is busy with her new boyfriend back here. Grandma and Grandpa are people of some means and devote their entire existence to this child.

She writes our office all the time. It makes our day when we get mail from her. This child is brilliant and in advanced classes at her new school and has all sorts of options open to her that she didn't have before. What's more, she seems to have a very mature understanding of all that has gone on.

It's probably the best thing I've ever been a part of, outside of my own family and friends. I know I made a difference in this child's life.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post