TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Annual- Hurricane Ike
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Annual- Hurricane Ike Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
First, and most importantly, those in the path of Ike continue to have my prayers. I am heartened that we are beginning to hear from those folks.

Second:

quote:
I think Rob once said they have to keep it in The Great State.

So I propose Ruidoso, Texas.

Its up in the mountains, so its cool and bracing. Great horse racing. Pretty scenery. Lots of cafes (boy are they expensive! And they don't give you much to eat! But they are very High Tone, so its worth it, I'm told).

So I vote for Ruidoso.

While your idea is, as Greg would say, "thinking outside the box," the Ruidoso you mention with horse racing (which shuts down after Labor Day) and upscale dining sadly is located in New Mexico, not the Great State. I've blown a fair amount of gas getting there and money once I arrived, so I'm pretty conversant with its locale. If Texas were to annex that portion of Southern New Mexico, however, it would be an attractive site.

Third:

quote:
Realistically, a suggested locale for an update relocation has to have hotels, restaurants, a meeting space large enough to accomodate our group, and some sort of access to a major aiport for those far flung prosecutors like Brumley, whose wives won't allow them to drive more than 200 miles.

While I appreciate the thought, the interests of accuracy demand that I make clear the actual arrangement. My wife relies on her interpretation of an old Spanish civil law precept: What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruidoso would be great!!!!! I would love to spend some time in the cool mountain air. Especially since we have no air conditioning in Houston thanks to Ike. At home w/ 3 little kids plus all their friends running on $50.00 plus day generator. I need to get away!!! Hey, can we make it after election day, my boss has an opponent?

Posts: 50 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do we have to keep it in Texas. We all fly to El Paso in Texas & drive to Ruidoso, New Mexico. In the alternative, I've always wanted to go to Alpine. Grimes County won't pay for such exotic locales as the coast of Italy or the Greek Isles

Posts: 50 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post