TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Does this guy have to register as a sex offender?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does this guy have to register as a sex offender? Login/Join 
posted
I have a defendant who is going to plead guilty to Improper Visual Recording (21.15). I cannot find anywhere saying that he will have to register as a sex offender upon release from prison. Does anyone out there know for sure whether he will have to register or not? It seems like he should, but I can't find a law saying he has to register. Please tell me I'm just really tired and missing something obvious.

Posts: 15 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
No, that statute is not currently included in CCP Chapter 62.

Attempts were made last session to add that offense to the registration statute, but they were rebuffed.

Don't EVEN get me started down that road ... Confused

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those of us in the trenches REALLY appreciate the work that Rob, Diane, you and the others at TDCAA do to try to make our world, both inside and outside the courtroom, a better place!

Your efforts bring to mind the quote that Xochitl, a prosecutor from Galveston, said she had tattoo'd on herself:

"E pur si mouve"

A few years earlier, Galileo had been forced by the Church to recant his heresy of the Earth moving round the Sun. He is alleged to have murmured sotto voce "E pur si mouve" (never the less it does move), at the time.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Greg. I know everyone here at the Home Office agrees that it's always easier to do a job when you like your "clients."

Smile

(edited by my inner grammar policeman)

[This message was edited by Shannon Edmonds on 06-08-06 at .]

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got that tattoo specifically to remind me that despite feeling that my head cannot take another encounter with the proverbial brick wall, the good fight does go on.

Posts: 51 | Location: Galveston, Texas USA | Registered: September 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always said I would never get a tattoo, but if I ever do, that will be what I get. My only question for X is where is that slogan located?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a brave man. Imagine how many of us guys were thinking the same question but afraid to ask. Razz

And how do we keep managing to wander off the track in these threads?!!!

Posts: 71 | Location: Henderson, Texas | Registered: June 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a thin line between bravery and stupidity. Hard to say which side I am on. That'll be up to X.