TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Is it "Family Violence" ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it "Family Violence" ? Login/Join 
posted
I need help settling a disagreement. There is a case involving two women, who live together, in a "dating relationship" as spelled out in FC 71.0021. The mother of one, who does not live with them, beats up the other. Springeresque, certainly, but Is it Family Violence?

Eek

Posts: 160 | Location: Foat Wuth | Registered: June 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The relationship or association spoken of is that between the defendant and the person assaulted. It does not appear to me the defendant (mother) had any such relationship/association with the victim. It was her daughter who was romantic or intimate with the victim. 22.01(b)(2) has no application. That's my vote.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not family violence.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aggressor and victim are not dating, they have no relationship of consanguinity or affinity, and they are not in the same household. No "family" violence.

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post