TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Are you ready for some football?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you ready for some football? Login/Join 
posted
Question: Who do you think will win the Texas/OU game this weekend, and why?

Yeah, yeah, this thread has nothing to do with criminal law, but I live in AMARILLO alright? This ain't exactly Collegetown USA, and I'm starved for some pre-game hype and a little friendly trash talk, so let 'er rip. Personally, my heart says Hook Em Horns by 10 with some big yardage on the ground by Benson and Young, but that little voice in my head (that curiously sounds a lot like Mack Brown's) is saying "Dang, that Stoops boy is hard to beat." What say you?

Posts: 14 | Location: Amarillo, Texas | Registered: September 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since two-thirds of the players on the Sooners' vaunted squad are simply playing in Oklahoma on a work visa from their home state of Texas, perhaps DPS could set up inspection stations on the border (similar to those found near the Texas-Mexico border), informing all who come across from our neighbor to the North that they are free to return unless they come from Texas and have committed treason against the great Lone Star State. Such traitors, of course, would be retained and sent to reeducation camp. It could be food for thought for those expatriots who look to blaspheme their home state.

Either way, since Tech had a fair degree of offensive success against OU (with some of it coming on the ground), there is a fair prospect of UT being able to further exploit that chink in the Sooners' armor. If Benson has a 100+ yard day, I say UT by a touchdown. If not, OU by 14. Res ipsa loquitur. There. That makes it a legal discussion. Wink

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"GO HORNS!!!!!!!!"

Posts: 62 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to say that I'm hoping Greg Davis gets lost on the way to the stadium and someone else has to call plays for UT, but in any event GO HORNS!

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cooke County is the border County on I-35. All day we've watched the Sooners cruising through town. I assure you DPS is out in force catching as many of the idiots as they can.

I say we appoint Scott special prosecutor for the day so he can set this roadblock up for the weekend.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to say that I'm hoping Greg Davis gets lost on the way to the stadium and someone else has to call plays for UT ...

Well, he obviously didn't, so the streak continues. Here are some numbers for you:

14, 3, 24, 13, and 0

Those are Texas' last 5 offensive outputs vs. OU, for an average of 10.8 per game. 'Nuff said.

Maybe someone should have arrested Greg Davis on his way to Dallas ...

Signed,
Disgusted 'Horn

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sort of related: When the Governor bets with the Oklahoma Governor about the outcome of an athletic event, is he committing a Class C Misdemeanor?

Posts: 171 | Location: Belton, Texas, USA | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Markus Kypreos>
posted
I would argue it's not a "bet" because a bet is defined as agreement to win or lose something of value solely or partially by CHANCE. There is no chance here. It's an inevitability. Losing 5 in a row and having Greg Davis as your OC secures a win every year for Oklahoma.

A more interesting question was posed on a Texas message board which read, "Since the University of Texas is a state institution, would it be required to turn over records if an open records request were made? If so, I would like to request the playbook as I don't think one exists."

Response from another fan, "It does exist, but our copy is Norman in the coaches office, so I think you're out of luck."

True story from this afternoon: I just ran into Deloss at Belmont. He pushed up on the elevator button, I pushed down. Both elevators arrived at the same time. He looked at me and said, "how about that luck?" I said, "I sure wish we could save some of that for the second week of October."

Another year of misery.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Markus, I think the UT OC is doing fine.He needs to be kept. In fact, give him a raise!

Posts: 170 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next time you see Dodds, tell him he never should have fired Abe Lemons.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'm upset at the outcome of the game, and I'm particularly disappointed that my array of cute orange and white appetizers had no effect on the game, but when it's all said and done, we (especially those of us who live in the vicinity of Austin), can take some satisfaction that the Sooners still have to live in Norman, no matter how well they play. (My sister lived there, and I wouldn't wish Norman on my worst enemy.)

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post