TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Why people hate lawyers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why people hate lawyers Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
Reason No. 137:

Strip-Search Lawyers Air Dirty Linen

"Team Feuded Over Appealing Case to High Court, Endangering Lucrative Legal Niche"

(click on the link for the WSJ's article)

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is well-known that golden gooses have a limited life-span or that you should not put too many eggs in one basket.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't that number a little low?

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The mere title of lawyer is sufficient to deprive a man of the public confidence...The most innocent and irreproachable life cannot guard a lawyer against the hatred of his fellow citizens."

--John Quincy Adams (1787)

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Detesting lawyers may be uniquely American. In many, if not most countries, lawyers are well respected. I certainly found that true in England, Australia, and European countries. Does anyone know other countries where the citizens generally think ill of lawyers?

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I see posts like that and just have to wonder "How the hell did these kooks even FIND this place?"

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brody - I saw that post before it was removed, too, and wonder the same thing.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post