TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    And...In Other News
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And...In Other News Login/Join 
posted
Man accused of selling daughter for cash, beer

GREENFIELD, Calif. - Police have arrested a Greenfield man for allegedly arranging to sell his 14-year-old daughter into marriage in exchange for $16,000, 100 cases of beer and several cases of meat.

Police said they only learned of the deal after the 36-year-old man went to them to get his daughter back because payment wasn't made as promised. The man was arrested Sunday on suspicion of human trafficking.

Rest of the story here: Link

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robert S. DuBoise:
Police said they only learned of the deal after the 36-year-old man went to them to get his daughter back because payment wasn't made as promised.

Wow, and I thought the geniuses who called the police because their drug dealer stiffed them were a special kind of stupid.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moral: Don't stiff anyone on the beer!

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When trafficking in children, demand payment in full before delivery of the merchandise.

Posts: 88 | Location: Rusk, Texas | Registered: January 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mean I can exchange my kids for beer? And they won't give them back?

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was a good price. The roadies for Stillwater traded Penny Lane for a case of Heineken in Almost Famous.

Posts: 90 | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was there! I was there!

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post