TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Diff btw Complaint and Jury Charge?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Diff btw Complaint and Jury Charge? Login/Join 
posted
so I specifically listed (dumb) in a complaint 4 items that were damaged by a defendant via crim mischief. I now think I can only prove that 3 items were damaged. how do I fix it? The monetary value of loss is not affected. Or is this under the theory of "surplusage"???Collins v. State, 500 S.W.2d 168.

Posts: 59 | Location: Anson, Texas, USA | Registered: November 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surplusage. You can drop it before trial or just abandon that part when it comes to writing the jury charge. As long as you meet the monetary value, you're good.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Eastep 941 sw2d 130

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that is perfect. thanks for your help!

Posts: 59 | Location: Anson, Texas, USA | Registered: November 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post