TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    forfeiture by wrongdoing in a DV case?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

forfeiture by wrongdoing in a DV case? Login/Join 
posted
Hey, I'm looking for anyone who has successfully admitted Crawford-type statements in a DV case using the forfeiture by wrongdoing theory. Doesn't matter if it was a not guilty verdict. Doesn't matter if it is pre or post Giles. I'm just looking for a record to use for a training. 972-548-4323 jrolater at co dot collin dot tx dot us

[This message was edited by JohnR on 10-29-08 at .]

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've got a good jail phone call in which the defendant is explaining to the victim that failure to appear on a subpoena only results in a fine, which he was willing to pay.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recorded call. I may use that. I'm really interested in getting a trial record where something like this was litigated.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have written 2 appellate briefs on Forfeiture by Wrongdoing in Agg. Sexual Assaults on a child. Would that help you any?

Posts: 170 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was hoping for a misdemeanor DV case because I'm looking for a short record. I have some feelers out on a couple cases, how 'bout I follow up with you if those don't work out?

posted Hide Post
OK

Posts: 170 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post