TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    What is a conservative bikini?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is a conservative bikini? Login/Join 
posted
June 30, 2007, 6:57PM
Bikinis a must for dancers, appeals court rules

DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. ? Erotic dancers in adult bars in most parts of this Spring Break city are going to have to wear as much clothing as most people on the beach.

A federal appeals court upheld municipal zoning and nudity ordinances Thursday after the city and Lollipops Gentlemen's Club made their cases before the court March 23.

"The bottom line is the 11th Circuit Court (of Appeals) upheld the city's authority to enforce its zoning regulations and public nudity ordinance with regard to the adult entertainment establishments," City Attorney Bob Brown said.

In other words, dancers at adult clubs that serve liquor are required to wear conservative bikinis. G-strings and pasties won't be enough to meet that requirement, the court said.

Both sides were trying to reverse previous rulings.

A district court ruled in January 2006 that Daytona Beach's nudity laws were unconstitutional because they violated the right to free speech, and dancers at adult clubs had been going nude ever since.

Lollipops representatives wanted the appeals court to reverse a court ruling from December 2004 that upheld the city's zoning laws, which regulate where adult businesses can operate.

Lollipops lost that one, too.

An attorney for Lollipops said it was prepared to take the case to the U.S. Supreme Court.

"I don't think it means anything," said lawyer Brett Hartley of Daytona Beach. "We don't see (this) ruling as a major setback. This is just part of the dance."

[This message was edited by JB on 07-04-07 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is the kind that sends you to the beach rather than the adult bar. One popular brand name is "The Big Pasties" available from 11th Circuit Enterprises.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
JB

I didn't know conservatives wore bikinis. Not getting a good mental picture of it, either.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think any bikini is a conversative bikini, but no bikini is a conservative bikini.

Posts: 71 | Location: Angleton, Texas, USA | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and making it possible for me not to be the first to try to be funny with this question from JB.

I think a conservative bikini is one which is made from whole cloth, designed to conceal the reality of --- well, things ---, with the intent to convince people that those --- things --- are somehow naughty, bad for your health, and destructive of the social fabric.

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Warren:
I think any bikini is a conversative bikini, but no bikini is a conservative bikini.

I bet Ann Coulter and Nancy Grace have conservative bikini's.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Warren:

thank you for that moment of zen.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post