TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Keeping News Cameras out of Courtroom
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Keeping News Cameras out of Courtroom Login/Join 
posted
In an upcoming trial, there is the possibility that news media will be present. The only concern we would have would be the use of news cameras in the courtroom. Is there a certain motion we could/should file to this effect?

Posts: 38 | Location: Rusk, Texas  | Registered: January 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never had to file a motion. My experience has been that the Court will have a standard media order that it will enter in a high-publicity case that governs the times and terms of use of cameras and recorders.

If your Judge doesn't have one--have him check with his contemporaries. I know both the 43rd and 415th Judicial District Court of Parker County have such orders.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post