TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Private practice in County office
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Private practice in County office Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have a written agreement with their Commissioner's Court allowing the county attorney to have a private practice in their county office? And would you be willing to share that? Thanks!

Posts: 27 | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not seen a written agreement but I think that is an excellent idea. This issue came up recently in my district when I was asked to investigate whether a county attorney was in violation of the law by having a private practice from the courthouse without an express agreement with the commissioners court. The issue was resolved by having the matter placed on an agenda and the commissioners publicly voted to authorize the practice, but it was a bit uncertain for a while. I did not think about having a written agreement at the time but I think that would have resolved the issue as well.

Posts: 283 | Location: Montague, Texas, USA | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post