TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Any Duty?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Duty? Login/Join 
posted
I am posting this on the criminal forum even though it deals with a juvenile--

We have a juvenile charged with burglary. Neither he, nor any of his family, are here legally. His sister has already been deported.

My question is, do I, as a prosecutor, have a duty to report this kid and his family to INS if I know that they are illegal?

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't that the responsibility of the arresting agency?

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i report every time

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who should it be reported to? Is there a website that discusses when/how these should be reported?

Posts: 526 | Location: Del Rio, Texas | Registered: April 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call the nearest office of the Border Patrol and ask for an agent. Give the agent the identifiers you have for the person and they will check it out. If they can identify the perrson as illegal, the will place a detainer on him.

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post