TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Chapter 1704 Occupations Code Applicability in Non-BBB County
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chapter 1704 Occupations Code Applicability in Non-BBB County Login/Join 
posted
I have a question that has arisen and need to know if Chapter 1704 of the Occupations Code regarding Licensing and Regulation of Bail Bond Sureties only applies, as it seems to state, to counties with Bail Bond Boards. And if that is correct, is there another statute that covers bail bond sureties or agents in counties without bail bond boards?

Posts: 83 | Location: Caldwell,Texas,USA | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tx. Occ. Code only applies to Bail Bond Board Counties. In a non BBB county the Sheriff makes the decision as to who may write a bond. Specifics as to how a Bail Bod is Taken is ontrolled by Art. 17.11 Code of Criminal Procedure.

Posts: 1 | Location: Houston, Texas,U.S. | Registered: November 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I thought that was correct, but wanted to be sure before I proceed on something.

Posts: 83 | Location: Caldwell,Texas,USA | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post