TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    And the "Not a good idea" award goes to...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And the "Not a good idea" award goes to... Login/Join 
posted
Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A 30-year-old Bayonne man was busted early Saturday morning after he threw garbage out of his moving Hummer, then challenged cops to a fight when they attempted to ticket him for it, Bayonne police said yesterday.

Police attempted to conduct a motor vehicle stop on a yellow Hummer about 3 a.m. Saturday at Fifth Street and Avenue C after the passenger threw a piece of garbage out of the vehicle's window, police said.

The passenger, Robert Hurd, 30, of Trask Avenue, climbed down from the truck and officers told him he would receive a littering summons.

"We'll settle this like men so take off your badge and we'll go in the schoolyard and fight," Hurd allegedly told the officers, and then approached them with his fists waving, according to reports.

Hurd was arrested and charged with obstruction of justice, resisting arrest and aggravated assault, police said.

Posts: 47 | Location: Houston | Registered: July 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I saw that on an episode of Reno 911.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It also sounds quite a bit like the first chapter in a Carl Hiaasen book I read a while back (can't remember which one, off hand) except as I recall, the guy got his just desserts in that case by a load of dung beetles being deposited in said luxury, gas guzzling vehicle..... Razz

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post