TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Xochitl in the news
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Xochitl in the news Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

I love the internet.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing I forgot in my last post.

It's a miracle, and it's not even Festivus! Big Grin

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg,

I wouldn't be bringing Festivus into this. Do you really think that the annual airing of the grievances is necessary in this case??

[This message was edited by AndreaW on 03-28-08 at .]

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True that, Andrea, but nonetheless, a miracle like this, a heinous baby predator microwaver who comes to his senses and finally realizes how important his child is, while perhaps not a Festivus level of miracle, it's still noteworthy.

All that being said, I hope he does lose his parental rights and is never allowed to see her again and that this poor baby has nothing but a happy and full life.

And I've got some grievances to air, believe you me. The evil Dr. Spellmaster is No. 1 on my list of grievances.

And Newell is right behind him. Wink

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wha'd I do?

Whatever it was, as J.B. (The Archibal MacLeish character, not the frequent poster) would say, "I abhor myself, and repent."

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Philip D Ray:
Well let me bust out a d20 and channel the spirit of Gygax.

Do I detect a problem with some people finding solace in the clatter of d20's, d10's, and other polyhedron dice to releave stress?

Posts: 128 | Location: TX | Registered: March 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Careful sch, you might out yourself amoung these non-TSR types. Or as Rowling might say, don't tell the muggles.

Newell, if you bust out another pulitzer prize winner, I swear I'll pout.

GG, was that a conferring of honorary evil Dr. status? I'll have to order up some distempered bass with lasers and an unreasonably slow dipping mechanism.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many 18's did you have on your character sheet?

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phillip, your comment was most excellent, but you forgot to insert a necessary blocking notation; specifically, [quotation marks finger gesture] before "lasers".

Meanwhile, I seem to have stumbled into a group that plays some kind of game to which I don't know the rules. Any of you fellers play Uno?

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I play uno and I have no idea what they are talking about.

Except the Dr Evil parts.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Meanwhile, I seem to have stumbled into a group that plays some kind of game to which I don't know the rules.

Dungeons & Dragons.

Posts: 62 | Registered: March 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought D and D had demonic overtones. Not like the Evil Dr. Spellmaster, mind you, who just has those nuisance value evil overtones.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
Wha'd I do?

Whatever it was, as J.B. (The Archibal MacLeish character, not the frequent poster) would say, "I abhor myself, and repent."

Well friend, allow me to refresh your memory.

You did not complete the agreement made at the bandstand in S. Padre in 2006, to-wit: to be ready to join the TDCAA band in 2007 on rhythm guitar.

Fortunately, Clemmer stepped up to the plate on 2nd guitar in 2007 and all is well.

But we are still awaiting your musical contribution on guitar, for that triple threat Lynyrd Skynyrd three guitar attack.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know you are an appellate guru and all, like JohnR, but that doesn't excuse you from your social responsibilties with your peers. We made you band manager (well, I did, anyway) because of your extreme knowledge of music, but you still have an open invitation.

posted Hide Post
But you forget, you asked me to be band manager because I play the guitar like Brian Epstein. The late Brian Epstein. After his demise.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey now, why are y'all lashing out at the warranty and repair types? I've been known to drink a beer now and then.

When they unchain me from my computer.

And the boss says it is ok.

And I've no citations to check. Confused

posted Hide Post
We greatly appreciate the warranty and repair department. They keep us going for sure. Big Grin

By the way, John, ah, er, do you play guitar?

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 03-28-08 at .]

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnR:
How many 18's did you have on your character sheet?

18's? Real gamers had at least one 19! Wink

Well in high school anyway. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gilleland:
I thought D and D had demonic overtones.

No more so than a computer game or any fantasy novel.

Posts: 128 | Location: TX | Registered: March 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never got much beyond E A C D in guitar.

I guess I was old school. I quit playing before I ever had a 19 . . .

I'm actually considering changing from Warranty and Repairs department to the Aftermath department. There was a crime scene cleanup company at the Homicide Symposium named Aftermath, Inc.

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnR:
I never got much beyond E A C D in guitar.[QUOTE]

What a coincidence. Those are the only chords you'll ever need with us! Wink

posted Hide Post
It was that darn G that shattered by guitar hero dreams. My fingers were either too fat or too short.