TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Favorite Crazy Objections
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Crazy Objections Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Dan,

I not only had a defense attorney make the objection "that's nothing but a plea for law enforcement!" during closing arguments, he later appealed the case based on improper argument.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my early days as a prosecutor, the defense attorney in closing was yelling and pointing at the prosecutor's table and saying to the jury what a terrible job the prosecution had done. He was making me feel bad so I stood up and said "Objection--Argumentative". Judge looked baffled for several seconds and overruled the objection.

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're from Houston, you know of a very colorful defense attorney, quite a showman, always has a way too personal story to tell, not much regard for the facts or the actual law (initials R.C.) and once I saw him in a trial where he stood up and objected to the prosecutor by saying, "Judge, that ain't no question. She just nibble, nibble, nibble." He was held in contempt of court by the end of the trial.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SAProsecutor:
In my early days as a prosecutor, the defense attorney in closing was yelling and pointing at the prosecutor's table and saying to the jury what a terrible job the prosecution had done. He was making me feel bad so I stood up and said "Objection--Argumentative". Judge looked baffled for several seconds and overruled the objection.

Was that Logene? Wink

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a recent DWI trial, the defense attorney kept questioning my trooper about how many seconds it took him to perform various parts of the HGN test. He finally wrote the numbers "1, 2, 16, 20" on the white board. He added them up and said, "67." Then realizing he'd probably made a mistake, he scratched out the "67" and wrote "62."

Can a person object to the mistreatment of mathematical operations?

Posts: 95 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bobby Glasgow in Granbury typically began every one of his objections with:

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a minute judge, now that's just reverse bolstering. Now, back when I was in the legislature...."

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Houston Chronicle reports on a recent crazy objection:

Temple's attorney, Dick DeGuerin, threw his legal pad across the defense table as he jumped to his feet shouting "Oh come on," after Siegler asked Rebecca if she knew David and Belinda were talking about divorcing in the year before her death.

"That's not true," DeGuerin said, sputtering to get an objection out.

DeGuerin said his objection was that Siegler was injecting the record with falsehoods. His objection was overruled.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what DeGuerin would expect the judge to do if the same objection was raised to the defense?

"How do you plead?"
"Not guilty, your honor."
"Oh, come on! That's not true!"

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post