TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    K2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

K2 Login/Join 
posted
on DWI cases where blood is drawn pursuant to a warrant....does anyone know of a lab....DPS or otherwise, that can test for synthetic marijuana?
Several un-opened bags in the vehicle and the DWI case has the potential to be filed as a felony....blood test negative for alcohol.

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.nmslabs.com/

We have used this lab. If I remember correctly they prefer urine over blood for K2 but call them they are very helpful. They also run a test for 300+ prescription meds.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their protocol for K2 requires/requests a lavender top tube with an effective post-draw test date of 30 days or sooner.

DPD here has SWIFS send K2 cases directly to NMS because of the timeline.

Posts: 51 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: April 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've been using IF Labs in Bedford. They're great at K-2 testing.

817-428-6565
www.iflabs.com

Posts: 95 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for all the responses.....
it appears we are going to need these services more often.

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oooo I was thinking great another lab thats closer so I don't have to drag witnesses from out of state, then I saw this on IFL's website

" Drug content in blood is analyzed at NMS Laboratories by special arrangement with IFL."

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post