TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Plea Deals
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plea Deals Login/Join 
posted
Can a DA renege on a plea after the Defendant confesses, even if the Defendant is fully complying with the deal?

Posts: 3 | Registered: October 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think Troy 5.0 is a lawyer.

Who wants to give him admonishments?

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not an attorney...I am a police officer and I will remove myself from this site. Just thought I could get good information from the State's lawyers, regarding a legal issue.

posted Hide Post
Welcome to the TDCAA Bulletin Boards. The discussions in these user forums are for the benefit of prosecutors and their staff members, although we welcome relevant and appropriate input from other members of the criminal justice and government lawyer community. The opinions expressed on this forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of TDCAA, its staff, or any other member of the association. These forums are NOT a source of legal advice for citizens. Call the State Bar of Texas (800/204-2222) for information on seeking legal advice.

If you are a police officer, I would suggest you contact your local District Attorney regarding the matter. The law regarding when a prosecutor can withdraw a plea offer is complex regarding both the Code of Criminal Procedure and ethical considerations.

Posts: 218 | Location: The Border | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your response.