TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    I regret asking this...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I regret asking this... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
had a CPS/juvi case once where a neighbor called CPS complaining about the boy next door who was enjoying the company of his dog too much in his backyard. CPS/PD went to check it out and mom told them that it was better for him to do the dog than his sisters. Mom, BTW, answered the door in the buff with only her knitting needles and the afgan she was working on.

Dog noodling made an excellent extraneous to the agg. sex cases.

All that said, I don't think there is a charge for Markus' case.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What was the Dice Man naughty Nursery Ryme? The one about Rover giving a bone of his own? Never mind. While appropriate for this topic, probably not appropriate for this site.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"All that said, I don't think there is a charge for Markus' case."

Perhaps I'm too cynical, but I'm sure there are some people who would charge for that type of conduct.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OR PERPIN' ON FIDO...

quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
"All that said, I don't think there is a charge for Markus' case."

Perhaps I'm too cynical, but I'm sure there are some people who would charge for that type of conduct.

Both David and Stacey are too funny! I slightly, but only slightly hesitate to ask what jurisdiction Stacey's case occurred in: Beaumont, Bastrop, Fort Bend, Gregg or in her random travels as a prosecutor troubleshooter?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your old stomping ground...lovely Ft. Bend County.

And why charge when there are so many dogs giving it away ?

OK Markus, I swear I'm done with this thread !

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
those bitches. i can't believe it took this long to get to this joke.

[This message was edited by David Newell on 02-13-06 at .]

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After thinking it over, I would be willing to bet that someone would probably be willing to plea to just about anything so long as you keep this quite and don't leak it to the press.

I know, I know. Just kidding.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stacey L. Brownlee:

And why charge when there are so many dogs giving it away ?

Yes, and those dogs get jealous of each other, show up on Springer (Spaniels?) and fight...I think you now have grounds under "causing one animal to fight with another" to charge her with!
Big Grin

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Markus- Remind me to tell you about the pit bull and the doberman who met at the pound... Definitely best told in person.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wasn't that the plot for Lady and the Tramp III?

posted Hide Post
Practical consideration: Since she was the only person present, how would you prove your case, even assuming an offense?

Posts: 341 | Location: Tarrant County, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to the cupboard,
To get her dog rover a bone
When the cupboard was bare,
Old Rover took Over.....

Posts: 97 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OOOOOOOoooooohhh. (said in a really thick Brooklyn accent).

posted Hide Post
David, you mangled it . . . but I think the moderator would nix the correct line.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMH:
OOOOOOOoooooohhh. (said in a really thick Brooklyn accent).

I wonder if JMH's dog picked up a Brooklyn accent.
Confused

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16697019&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=barking---name_page.html

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends on how old the canine was (in doggy years, of course) and did the dog consent!

Posts: 170 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
[Michigan must have a law that would apply in the case Markus mentioned ...]

Mich. Man Sentenced in Sheep Abuse Case

Tue Feb 14, 2006

A man who pleaded no contest to a sodomy charge involving a sheep says he should not have to register as a sex offender.

Jeffrey S. Haynes said the state registry is intended to keep track of people who have committed crimes against humans.

But Calhoun County Circuit Court Judge Conrad Sindt told Haynes at his sentencing hearing that once he is released from prison, he must register with the Michigan State Police Public Sex Offender Registry.

Haynes, 42, of Battle Creek, was sentenced Monday to 2 1/2 years to 20 years in prison. He entered the plea in January. A no contest plea is not an admission of guilt but is treated as such for sentencing purposes.

Tamara Towns, an assistant prosecutor for the county, argued that Haynes should be ordered to register as a sex offender because once out of prison, he could prey on children or vulnerable adults.

Haynes said he is not a violent person and would not assault children.

"The prosecutor is being real hard on me for what I did," he said. "But I should not be treated as a child molester."

A telephone call seeking comment was left Tuesday at the Marshall office of defense attorney John B. Sullivan.

Police said Haynes had sex with a sheep at a Bedford Township farm on Jan. 26, 2005. The animal's owner caught him on the property and the sheep was found injured.

Haynes was arrested in June after a DNA sample taken from the animal matched Haynes' genetic material.

Haynes has prior convictions for burglary, home invasion and uttering and publishing, and was on parole for burglary at the time of the sex crime.

[*tag line credited to WSJ Online's James Taranto -- I only wish I was that clever]

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So will he register with the local police department or sheriff's office, or in these unusual circumstances, should he have to register with the game warden?

Posts: 325 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe "I can't quit Ewe" would be the appropriate adaptation of the Led Zeppelin classic.

I think he should have to register with the local SPCA.

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 02-17-06 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The defendant shall report to the Animal Control Officer in the jurisdiction in which he resides

He may not go with 200 yards of a Pound, Vet clinic or Pets Smart Store

He will prohibited from owning, operating or working for a dog grooming business, pet walking/sitting business, or other such business

He will be prohibited from possessing items such as doggy biscuits, liver snacks, or chew toys.

The defendant should be prohibited from possessing any theatrical releases expressly aimed at canines, to include, but not limited to, Lady and the Tramp, Benji movies, any of the "Bud" series, and, certainly The Shaggy DA!

Posts: 233 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post