TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    canine sniff search ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

canine sniff search ? Login/Join 
posted
...but dog is not trained to detect K2 specifically.

does anyone have any texas case law on this? i've got some federal stuff about residual smells, etc., but would really like something close to home.

thanks!

Posts: 79 | Location: Hood County | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at State v. Weaver, 349 SW3d 521 (Tex. Crim. App. 2001): "It is generally accepted that a positive alert by a certified drug dog is usually enough, by itself, to give officers probable cause to search." You mentioned that the substance is K2. Has it been tested? Sometimes people selling K2 (that may or may not fall under pg2) sell real marihuana because it is cheaper than the synthetic stuff.

Posts: 176 | Location: Hempstead, TX, USA | Registered: June 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has it been tested? Sometimes people selling K2 (that may or may not fall under pg2) sell real marihuana because it is cheaper than the synthetic stuff.

This was going to be my response. I've personally seen more than one report for "K2" that turned into a classic POM after the lab results came back.

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
at the lab now. thanks for the citation!

Posts: 79 | Location: Hood County | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post