TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    PROSECUTORS ATTACKED IN MEDIA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PROSECUTORS ATTACKED IN MEDIA Login/Join 
posted
The Lamb County DA's Office is looking for help... Haynes and Boone of Dallas has picked up the sword for two Mexican Nationals convicted of Capital Murder back in '96 (in two separate trials in two separate counties)

Go see the web site posted by H & B at innocentintexas.com

We're curious to see if anyone else thinks that they've crossed the line ethically in their attack on our office and us as individual prosecutors.

Please call us at (806) 385-4222 x208 or email us at scottsay@nts-online.net

Thanks for your thoughts and input

Posts: 33 | Location: Littlefield, Texas | Registered: June 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't say I see a problem. They must be pretty confident if they're willing to go to this extreme. And, I agree that it is pretty difficult to get the State to admit an error.

On the other hand, if the State in general, and the individual prosecutors in particular, are confident they got the right guys, there should be no reason to worry. Right?

Posts: 13 | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess the main problem is that the website is an open attempt to drum up protests in an attempt to effect the Judge's decision. Rule 3.07 violation? The other problem is the slanderous nature of the allegations against our prosecution. Just doesn't seem right or ethical to me, but I wanted other opinions. As for confidence in the prosecution, we're as confident as you can be in a purely circumstantial case pointing directly to the defendants who were convicted by two separate juries in two separate counties. Besides, the defense is cooking up controverting affidavits and pointing the finger at two individuals with absolutely no proof, other than the word of a jail house snitch.

Time will tell and hopefully justice will prevail.

Posts: 33 | Location: Littlefield, Texas | Registered: June 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post