TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    How Would You Like to Present This to a Jury?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Would You Like to Present This to a Jury? Login/Join 
posted
Man arrested for trying to enter Mullet Festival without paying

October 20, 2010 5:15 AM
NICEVILLE � A man who tried to enter the Mullet Festival without paying the $10 admission fee was arrested.

Niceville Police were called to the vendor parking area at the festival after a man tried to re-enter the event after leaving it, according to an arrest report from the Niceville Police Department.

Rest of the Story

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love everything about this story! I only wish the mug shot had been published.....

Posts: 12 | Location: Tahoka, TX | Registered: October 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what's better -- that there is a Mullet Festival, or that it's held in "Niceville"!

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got to use the word "mullet" in closing argument last month. (The defendant cut off his gray mullet and dyed his hair brown.) Try to sneak the word "mullet" into your next trial!

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We know where AW will be next year. Wink

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly, my friend, you and I just don't have the goods to attend this august gathering. Now, if they were to have a skullet festival (you know, the David Crosby look), perhaps in a place called Ambivalentville, then we might find our place in the the festival universe.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 47 | Location: Dumas, Tx | Registered: March 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane starnes:
I got to use the word "mullet" in closing argument last month. (The defendant cut off his gray mullet and dyed his hair brown.) Try to sneak the word "mullet" into your next trial!

I think the TDCAA should have an award for using the word Mullet in a trial.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GG - how about a TDCAA-emblazoned mullet wig as a speaker's gift? They're always looking for new and innovative ideas, right? Wink

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, each to their own. G. Then you start getting into different hair colors and styles and it's just not easy to please everyone with the same style mullet.

And I'm not saying Jane deserves a mullet award. She's Prosecutor of the Year material, just for her long term continued dedication, quite successfully I might add, with the "difficult" cases. She just an award for using the word "mullet" with good cause and reasonably in a jury trial. Too bad she couldn't work the term "cowwoboration" in there as well.

As Mr. B above says, he and I are in the skullet catagory, and there's nothing sadder than a man with no hair up front and a mullet in back or even worse, a sensitive bald front pony tailed man with a thin and whispy old man pony tail, barely hanging in there.

So I think, Gretchen, instead of the mullet wig, I'd go for the autographed John Stride Ranch Holster or the set of Scott Brumley autographed guitar picks as a speaker's gift.