TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Fashion police?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fashion police? Login/Join 
posted
Council takes look at saggy pants ban
Some support it, want enforcement data; 2 oppose police role
08:47 PM CDT on Wednesday, August 23, 2006
By TAWNELL D. HOBBS / The Dallas Morning News
A proposal to ban saggy pants in Dallas gained steam Wednesday as City Council members discussed how to deal with the popular clothing trend.
Several council members voiced support and asked the city attorney's office to research whether such a rule is enforceable.
Dallas school trustee Ron Price recommended the ban at Wednesday's council meeting, following through on a plan he announced Tuesday. Mr. Price wants the city to create an ordinance to allow police to cite people who wear their pants too low.
"Too low," he said, allows too much underwear to show.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the Plumbers' Union will have something to say about this!

Posts: 176 | Location: Hempstead, TX, USA | Registered: June 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw the story on a Dalls news channel last night and the video was pricless....many of prospective offenders were wearing pants BELOW the buttocks, not just low on the hips. So low that they had to be held up with one hand, or they would fall off. The only thing I kept thinking was how easy they would be to catch if they started to run when contacted by police!
Perhaps it ought to be the mandated uniform!

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then I heard yesterday about a one legged man who outran one of our faster officers (no kidding) while using a crutch AND carrying a window air conditioning unit.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They always catch the baggy pants guys on "Cops". Cool

Posts: 83 | Location: Caldwell,Texas,USA | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post