New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justice at Last Login/Join 
posted
'Gilligan' creator gets Hollywood star

AP Photo/Nick Ut

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Sherwood Schwartz, who created the TV comedy classics "Gilligan's Island" and "The Brady Brunch," gleefully thanked the leading ladies of those shows Friday when he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

"To me, Dawn will always be Mary Ann on 'Gilligan's Island' and Florence will always be Mrs. Brady," said Schwartz, 91, referring to actresses Dawn Wells and Florence Henderson, who spoke during the ceremony.

[Today, Gilligan's Island would have been written as a Survivor reality show; Brady Bunch would have been headed up by Flavor Flave. I weep.]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mary Ann or Ginger?

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 03-09-08 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I saw that story on VH1.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
'Gilligan's' Mary Ann caught with dope

And, to think, people said Bob Denver wasn't much of a real influence. But this may explain why they had such a difficult time getting off the island, despite the professor's ability to build a radio out of coconuts and palm fronds.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She is innocent. Check out her plea.

posted Hide Post
The news anchors this morning were all but snickering as they read her excuse that the partly smoked joints weren't hers but were left in the car by hitchhikers. The one reading the story had to stop the others from laughing and said "I'm just reading what it says, guys!"

Too bad juries believe stories like that sometimes.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe her. Now, if it was Ginger ...

posted Hide Post
Well, that is another reason not to pick up hitchhikers. Not only do they commit crimes against drivers, they plant evidence against them too.
JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The news anchors this morning were all but snickering as they read her excuse that the partly smoked joints weren't hers but were left in the car by hitchhikers"

Give the girl some credit, at least she didn't say the police planted it. We all know how pro-Ginger the cops are.... Razz

Posts: 47 | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post