TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Texas prosecutors' accomplishments receive national recognition!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas prosecutors' accomplishments receive national recognition! Login/Join 
posted
My intox manslaughter defendant saw the whites of their eyes (of the jury panel) and decided to enter a plea this morning so I was able to dig through my mail. I flipped through The Prosecutor, a quarterly publication of the NDAA, and was very proud to read about two of our finest, John Bradley and Greg Gilleland. Greg's TDCAA article entitled "Human Remains Prosecution" was reprinted in the NDAA publication. John's selection as the TDCAA 2009 Texas Prosecutor of the Year (along with other notable accomplishments) was extensively covered in the Names In The News section of the NDAA magazine. Greg and John, you make us proud! Thanks for all that you do.

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woo hoo!!! Cool

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike and Gretchen! To have such nice things said about me by fellow prosecutors of your stature and character makes me feel quite proud of my life. It also makes me glad that both of you are my good friends.

[This message was edited by GG on 01-12-10 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the work that I do locally, statewide and nationally, I see great things being done by prosecutors every day. I am proud to work in a field of people with such strong commitments to seeking justice. Rock on.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am proud to be a holder of an autographed copy of the "Perfect Plea." And I am proud to have laid down the back beat for the world's greatest drummer. They both now are nationally, (including within the borders of the republic of Louisiana), recognized, as they well deserve.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A.P., I've heard you use that copy of the book to kill flies. Yet another deadly weapon.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JB:
A.P., I've heard you use that copy of the book to kill flies. Yet another deadly weapon.

Not true. His wife actually uses it to muffle the strings of his banjo during his nocturnal practice sessions. It is not only The Perfect Plea, it is also the "perfect" width to fit in between the body of the banjo and the strings, acting as a mute to ensure a peaceful and harmonious marriage.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I uploaded the audio version of the book (read into a reel-to-reel tape recorder by a convict as part of a plea agreement) to my iPod and listen to it during sleep sessions, not the ones at work, boss, the other ones. Now I find myself doing JB impressions at the most inappropriate times, if there are appropriate times, that is. Watch this one: "Pleas join us in Hawaii for the NDAA conference this year. We promise no banjo music." Sounds just like him, eh?

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post