TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Charging Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charging Question Login/Join 
posted
A jail inmate found the Sheriff's Office's credit card & passed it on to his wife, so she could make bail for him. She & her friends used it in our county & 3 others. If we indict as engaging in OCA, we get venue over the out-of-county transactions too (CCP Art. 13.21).

We've got 23 transactions altogether. One on 8/12/15 & the rest from 8/22/15 through 8/26/15. The inmate & his wife are good for all 26 of them, one co-defendant participated in 12 of them & another participated in just 3.

I'm trying to avoid 61 separate indictments. I'd also like to avoid one per defendant, as two of them are more culpable overall than the other two. I know this is probably going to be deemed one big criminal episode anyway.

Any suggestions on how many indictments to present? We figured if we did it by date, the primary actors would end up with 6 each, one co-defendant 4 & the other one just 1. Thanks for any suggestions.

Posts: 50 | Location: Jasper, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post