TDCAA Community
obtaining a defendant in federal custody

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/385102992

September 14, 2004, 14:57
Randal Lee
obtaining a defendant in federal custody
I want to try a defendant that has recently been convicted in federal court and sentenced to the federal pen. What is required to get him?
September 14, 2004, 15:44
Martin Peterson
Maybe this link will provide an answer: Writ. In general, I think you will need to supply the FCI where the prisoner is being kept with a so-called "10-point" letter which includes a certification that their inmate "will be provided safekeeping, custody, and care while in the custody of the _________County Sheriff's Department, and that the ___________County Sheriff will assume full responsibility for that custody and will return the inmate on conclusion of the inmate's appearance in the proceeding for which the enclosed writ issues".
September 16, 2004, 20:10
Martha W. Warner
We use a Writof prosecundum (SP?)that we can send you. It'snot easy to get them if they are in transit but a call to the Marshall directly from a District Judge has worked twice for us recently.Send us your email and we'll forward it.
September 17, 2004, 08:21
Robert S. DuBoise
I've got a copy of a 10 point letter that I've used to obtain federal prisoners before. If you want to provide your e-mail I will send you a copy.

Robert DuBoise
rduboise@sbcglobal.net
September 17, 2004, 08:27
Randal Lee
Thanks for all the help. I think we have it.
September 17, 2004, 08:38
P.D. Ray
Why is it called a ten point letter? Ten guarantees of custody?