TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    obtaining a defendant in federal custody
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

obtaining a defendant in federal custody Login/Join 
posted
I want to try a defendant that has recently been convicted in federal court and sentenced to the federal pen. What is required to get him?

Posts: 106 | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe this link will provide an answer: Writ. In general, I think you will need to supply the FCI where the prisoner is being kept with a so-called "10-point" letter which includes a certification that their inmate "will be provided safekeeping, custody, and care while in the custody of the _________County Sheriff's Department, and that the ___________County Sheriff will assume full responsibility for that custody and will return the inmate on conclusion of the inmate's appearance in the proceeding for which the enclosed writ issues".

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We use a Writof prosecundum (SP?)that we can send you. It'snot easy to get them if they are in transit but a call to the Marshall directly from a District Judge has worked twice for us recently.Send us your email and we'll forward it.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a copy of a 10 point letter that I've used to obtain federal prisoners before. If you want to provide your e-mail I will send you a copy.

Robert DuBoise
rduboise@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help. I think we have it.

Posts: 106 | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why is it called a ten point letter? Ten guarantees of custody?

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post