TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    RV Park utility disconnects
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RV Park utility disconnects Login/Join 
posted
SB 1268 makes it clear that RV Park owners may now cutoff delinquent tenants' utilities with, apparently, no notice, and file a Criminal Trespass charge with LE. Before SB 1268, confusion about an RV being a manufactured home gave LE a way to send the Park owner to the JP for civil relief. No more. Penal Code 30.05. So LE warns about a Class B charge, and the deadbeat moves out at midnight anyway. Seems to accomplish only extra work for LE and maybe CA. I know, Shannon, I should have gone to the Leg with you.

Posts: 41 | Location:  | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I don't have an answer for you, but I do have a contact with the RV park association guys who got the law changed, in case you want to talk it over with them. They have the best acronym ever:

TACO

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfair to post that at lunch time, Shannon.

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post