TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Case summary subscriptions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case summary subscriptions Login/Join 
posted
Due to an IT issue, all case-summary subscribers probably received emails about discontinuation of their service or notice of bounced-back emails. Please disregard all these emails. Service should resume normally. There will be summaries for August 5, 19, and 26. They will be posted on the website and emailed as usual.

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to them!

Posts: 19 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today, subscribers should have received the August 5th summaries.

Tommorrow--Thursday--you should receive the August 19th summaries.

Presently, because nothing especially interesting seems to have happened last week, there will be no summaries for this week.

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John, I haven't received any in a while. May I please be back on the list?

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad the issue was on that end! I spent a while yesterday trying to figure out what was wrong with or mail server that these were suddenly being "bounced." Tried re-enrolling and everything.

Thanks for the update.

Posts: 114 | Location: Bryan, Texas, USA | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As of Friday morning, we are still working on emailing out properly formatted case summaries, so we have not yet sent out the August 19th set. Nevertheless, they are posted on the website under the "case summaries" tab.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P.D. Ray:
John, I haven't received any in a while. May I please be back on the list?

This question comes up from time to time, so I'm going to share this reply with all. From the Case Summaries page:

"These case summaries are brought to you by the Texas District and County Attorneys Association through legislative appropriation to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals.

"E-mail subscriptions are offered free to Texas district and county attorneys and their employees ONLY.

Old issues are available to the public in the Case Summaries archive."

The system used to send out the emails is paid for with state grant money, so only prosecutor-types can get the email, as provided by that grant. All others must check the website for the updates--including associate members. Sorry!

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspected that was the case. That's why I asked on the thread rather than an email.

Thanks.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shannon,

Since Jody is a paid member where do I tell her to sign up for the cases.There is always something good to use in trial!

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
There is a link on the left-hand side of all of our webpages titled "Join Case Summaries List" that will take people here:

http://www.tdcaa.com/case_summaries/subscribe.php

It may take up to two weeks to get the first summary by email, but all prior versions are available on the case summaries archive:

http://www.tdcaa.com/casesummaries

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post