TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Using Prior to Show Bias on Cross
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Using Prior to Show Bias on Cross Login/Join 
posted
Couple on the side of the I-35 fighting.

Man says he was the driver, and does a blood draw of .13.

Intoxication is not the issue.

Wheeling is- the female now claims to have been the driver, that he didn't want her to go to jail.

I anticipate the girlfriend will testify to as much.

I want to ask her on cross if she's claiming to be the driver because she realizes now there's an increase in punishment for him.

Can I do this?

C Wilde

Posts: 36 | Location: San Marcos, Texas | Registered: December 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it will be up to the judge to determine probative vs. prejudicial on that one. Not optimistic. Cant your office say that switching was not possible?

Posts: 261 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's willing to perjure herself for that? Must be love... Roll Eyes

Posts: 95 | Location: Marble Falls, TX USA | Registered: October 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for input- I will post on here what happens/why.

I'm not optimistic it will be acceptable- at the start of voir dire the judge told the jury it was a second and had to dismiss the panel because of his emphasis on it (he stated it more than once that it was a 2nd).

C Wilde

Posts: 36 | Location: San Marcos, Texas | Registered: December 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post