TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    avvo.com
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

avvo.com Login/Join 
posted
Just thought everyone prosecutor should know about this site. I found my name on it and it had me listed as working in criminal defense law. I have checked several other prosecutors names and most of them show that you practice criminal defense law. They would not remove my name from the list, but did remove my "alleged practice areas". I wrote to the State Bar about this misrepresentation of practice areas and also filed a complaint with the BBB. If you don't want your name to be listed as practicing criminal defense law the only way to stop it is to call them and have your practice areas removed.

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just goes to show that any idiot can appropriate data off the internet and try to sell it to others. I wonder how many "purchase" their own profiles?

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Avvo said that the State Bar furnished the tion general information. Not sure if the State Bar is furnishing them other information that is misrepresenting our practice areas. The State Bar has not yet responded to my email about avvo's material misrepresentation of practice areas. They really have no idea of anyone's practice area -- it is all their best guess based on what I don't know. I found it offensive that they would misrepresent me.

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I think its kinda funny. I'm listed there as doing 100% criminal defense but if you click on my "lawyer website" it takes you to our County DA page.

I have actually received a phone call to my office number from a defendant trying to hire me to defend him. I assume he found me from this site or a similar one.

Posts: 106 | Location: Galveston, Tx. | Registered: May 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post