TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Dennis Longmire, PhD.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dennis Longmire, PhD. Login/Join 
posted
Professor Longmire scheduled as a defense witness in an upcoming Cap Murder trial. He is a professor of Crim Justice at Sam Houston State Univ and a long-time opponent of the death penalty. Anyone familiar with him or his testimony? Any transcripts?

Posts: 8 | Registered: March 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He recently appeared at a Harris County capital trial as a defense witness. If you'll call me, I can give you some information.
936-291-2369, ext. 7

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out of curiousity, what is a law professor going to testify to in your case (if you know)?

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a transcript on Longmire that I have scanned and available via the email if anybody needs it. I just finished a capital murder trial that Longmire testified in and am trying to get an expedited copy of Longmire's transcript from that case as well. By the way, A.P. testified in my trial and did a great job (I don't know if he wants that out or not??)!!!!!

Posts: 68 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: June 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Warren -- oops, did I say "Warren"?
Didn't you notice where I tried to veil your identity and just said "Harris County"?

I only did it for the money. Oh yea, there aint no money, my bad, I must be thinking about that Dr. Lee fellow who is becoming quite the defense expert. Funny, when Henry was teaching us stupid investigators over the years about blood spatter, etc., he never said he would be taking the other side one day, mocking cops and prosecutors, for a fee, of course. By the way, when he spewed ketchup (catsup) the other day on Court TV, to "demonstrate" the victim's projection of blood
and how the detectives were wrong in their judgments, wonder why nobody challenged him on the legitimacy of using tomato sauce to duplicate human blood? When I went through blood spatter school, we were told that we had to work with human blood because we would probably be investigating crimes involving human victims, not pigs, monkeys or tomatoes (sp?).

Can hardly wait to see where he surfaces next.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post