TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    The Swine Flu does not come with bacon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Swine Flu does not come with bacon Login/Join 
posted
Ok, so after several missed days of work and school and $200 worth of prescriptions, I got to thinking about how the swine flu might be affecting other offices or counties. Has anyone experienced staff shortages in the office or in your local law enforcement because of the flu? Is it affecting jury panels anywhere? Has anyone had to request a swine flu related continuance on the trial docket? Please feel free to discuss.

Posts: 119 | Location: Chambers County Texas | Registered: March 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We haven't had a problem...other than the employee whose kid was a confirmed case and yet she showed up to work. Fortunately, nobody else got it.
Our jury panels haven't sufferred either.

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in South Texas we're kind of holding our breath about it. We've had bottles of hand sanitizer in the court room since LAST flu season, and they're not going away any time soon. We're also having an inoculation day sometime fairly soon, though when hasn't been announced.

I do know that Nueces County had a bout of it a couple weeks ago, though I'm not sure how that affected court operations.

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's hit in Travis County. Dell Children's hospital set up "triage tents" to handle the number of kids coming in with it. I read in a news magazine that they are not even testing in a lot of states because at this point they are presuming most flu cases are H1N1. One of our attorney's 1 year old contracted H1N1 about five weeks ago.

Janette A

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been feeling bad for a couple of days. I just called my doctor's office and they said they can't give out scripts for Tamiflu any longer. They said there is a national shortage and it is only to be given out in extreme cases. Eek

The following link contains a great deal of information about the flu epidemic that exists across our country. This information comes from the Harvard Medical School

[This message was edited by John B. Lyons on 10-02-09 at .]

Posts: 151 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post