TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    HELP! 481.103(d) and tetrahydocannabinol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP! 481.103(d) and tetrahydocannabinol Login/Join 
posted
I have a defense attorney who had filed a pre-trial Writ of Habeas Corpus seeking relief from fundamentally defective indictment for failure to state an offense. She is basically saying that since the drugs Marinol and Syndros have been approved by the FDA, then possession of tetrahydocannabinol has been decriminalized in the same way Adderall was by 481.103 (d). Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance!

Posts: 5 | Location: Amarillo, TX, USA | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the substance can be proved to be dronabinol, then maybe the defense can be proven. Otherwise, the best that can be said is that one of the multitude of THC substances listed in Pen Gr 2 can no longer result in a conviction under the CSA.

Posts: 2385 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi there! What was the outcome on this? We are having a slew of these filed in Kendall.

Katherine McDaniel

Posts: 3 | Location: Boerne, Texas | Registered: March 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My chemist was able to distinguish between Marinol and the THC contained in the chocolate rice krispy treat my defendant was caught with, which was derived from a plant. The judge found in my favor and the defendant pleaded guilty shortly thereafter.

Posts: 5 | Location: Amarillo, TX, USA | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post