TDCAA Community
Name the Actors

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/419107203

October 19, 2004, 17:20
JB
Name the Actors
What about Susan Dey? She has played a prosecutor and she could sing. Kelly, do you sing?

[This message was edited by John Bradley on 10-21-04 at .]
October 19, 2004, 17:44
JB
Judge takes a plea and resets the rest of the trial cases. He has a doctor's appointment he doesn't want to miss.
October 19, 2004, 17:47
JB
Sarah Michelle Gellar. She has experience in fighting bad guys (Buffy) and investigative work (Scooby Gang).
October 20, 2004, 10:10
APorter
What about Jeri Ryan? I don't know how she'll do with a Southern accent, but I've enjoyed her on Boston Public, not to mention her turn as Seven of Nine on ST:Voyager.
October 20, 2004, 10:34
Rebecca Gibson
For the San Antonians keeping up with the election bru-ha-ha, they'll get a smile on this episode, as Strong Arm tactics are alleged. The prosecutor files an official complaint, and goes to the media because her arm was forcefully grabbed by the defense attorney, and her trial partner had his tie grabbed by a female defense attorney.
October 20, 2004, 15:07
Tim Cole
Sandra Bullock. Beautiful, smart, Texan and can capture Kelly's great wit and sarcasm.

Plot line? Let's prosecute O.J. Simpson. We get it right this time. Pick a jury in ten days, case takes a week.
October 20, 2004, 20:56
jws
In an exciting plot twist in Episode 6, Kelly tries an agg. robbery case of the 7-11. When the clerk testifies about "Just how scared were you when that man with a ski mask put a gun in your face?" the complainant answers, "No big deal. I wasn't scared at all. I get robbed at least once a week. It looked like a fake gun anyway."

Episode 7: Kelly gets 25 state jail felony crack cases and wrestles with the decision of whether to plead them to probation, like the venerable Legislature intended, or whether to throw in the towel and plead them all to
12.44(a) back time.

Here's another idea for casting: Helen Hunt. I like the Janine Turner idea, though. Angie Harmon is too tall and model-ly.
October 21, 2004, 08:03
JB
Hold on here, how about Linda Hamilton, as she appeared in Terminator 2? That's the Kelly we all know and love, right?

And, perhaps we could get Arnold to come along as her loveable sidekick.

October 21, 2004, 09:31
Michael Mark
I'd like to see the lovely and talented Julia Roberts play Kelly Siegler. Julia's originally from Georgia, so why not? I'm sure she could do a Southern accent.
October 21, 2004, 14:56
Shannon Edmonds
For those of you who haven't met Kelly, here's the object of our attention:

Let the (good-natured) fun continue ...
October 21, 2004, 15:27
Mark Edwards
I think Linda Hamilton is the best choice yet. As far as the be-stradled male prosecutor, I want to hear Kelly's choice. Come on Kelly, get involved in your premiere!
October 21, 2004, 20:23
jws
Julia Roberts is a wimp compared to Kelly.
November 06, 2004, 23:24
Merrit
Defense appellate brief complains about the 200 stabbing demonstration.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/2886929

As for it being a "real-time production of the most violent part of the blockbuster movie Basic Instinct", wasn't that scene entirely nude? That's the kind of dedication I like to see.
November 26, 2004, 08:05
JB
I wonder if they have considering doing the series in animation? Certainly could be a Saturday morning audience. Or, it could be a blockbuster sequel to The Incredibles. The mother in that movie could play Kelly. Isn't it Holly Hunter? Now, you don't have to worry about the age thing.
March 25, 2005, 14:48
Shannon Edmonds
Cameras rolling for prosecutor TV drama
By ANDREW TILGHMAN
Houston Chronicle

Film crews will be in Houston this spring to begin shooting scenes for a new ABC legal drama based on the career of Harris County prosecutor Kelly Siegler.

Laws of Chance, from 20th Century Fox TV, will revolve around a feisty female assistant district attorney in Houston who uses unconventional methods to succeed in a world dominated by old-boy Texas attorneys.

Siegler drew national attention last year after demonstrating to jurors how she believed murder defendant Susan Wright, who later was convicted, tied her husband to a bed and stabbed him about 200 times.

Network executives approved the show's pilot earlier this year and the first season is in production for broadcast this fall.

Actress KaDee Strickland, 27, who appeared in last year's remake of The Stepford Wives with Nicole Kidman and played a guest role on the NBC series Law and Order, will play the show's lead character, Chance.

Siegler, 42, has agreed to work as a consultant for the show while she maintains her job at the district attorney's office.

She said she plans to travel to Los Angeles to advise the producers on how to make the show more realistic.

Courtroom scenes will be filmed in Los Angeles, but many outdoor scenes will be shot here, Siegler said.
March 25, 2005, 14:52
Shannon Edmonds
KaDee Strickland. You can check her out here:

IMDB.com

March 25, 2005, 18:26
JB
Is that how we are spelling "Katy" now?
March 28, 2005, 10:44
GG
I saw in the article that the prosecutor portraying (means based on) Kelly will be named Chance. Is that the character's last name or first name?

Some of you will remember the movie "Hellfighters" that chronicled legendary Texas oil well fire fighter Red Adair, played by John Wayne, back in 1968 or so, and in that movie they changed Red's name to JOHN CHANCE. Any chance they'll be related in this drama?

Seriously, best of luck to Kelly in LALA land.

And speaking of justice, there are few actors who could do Kelly justice...
March 30, 2005, 10:42
ABender
How about the girl who played on China Beach way back when. I think her name is Dana Delaney, she would be perfect to Coolplay Kelly.

Susan Sarandon, yuk!--Kelly should be insulted. Kelly can't be played by a liberal, dingbat like her. Also, Kelly's way younger than Sarandon.
March 30, 2005, 12:40
JB
Dana Delaney: