Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Actors Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What about Susan Dey? She has played a prosecutor and she could sing. Kelly, do you sing?

[This message was edited by John Bradley on 10-21-04 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Judge takes a plea and resets the rest of the trial cases. He has a doctor's appointment he doesn't want to miss.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sarah Michelle Gellar. She has experience in fighting bad guys (Buffy) and investigative work (Scooby Gang).

posted Hide Post
What about Jeri Ryan? I don't know how she'll do with a Southern accent, but I've enjoyed her on Boston Public, not to mention her turn as Seven of Nine on ST:Voyager.

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the San Antonians keeping up with the election bru-ha-ha, they'll get a smile on this episode, as Strong Arm tactics are alleged. The prosecutor files an official complaint, and goes to the media because her arm was forcefully grabbed by the defense attorney, and her trial partner had his tie grabbed by a female defense attorney.

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sandra Bullock. Beautiful, smart, Texan and can capture Kelly's great wit and sarcasm.

Plot line? Let's prosecute O.J. Simpson. We get it right this time. Pick a jury in ten days, case takes a week.

Posts: 283 | Location: Montague, Texas, USA | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In an exciting plot twist in Episode 6, Kelly tries an agg. robbery case of the 7-11. When the clerk testifies about "Just how scared were you when that man with a ski mask put a gun in your face?" the complainant answers, "No big deal. I wasn't scared at all. I get robbed at least once a week. It looked like a fake gun anyway."

Episode 7: Kelly gets 25 state jail felony crack cases and wrestles with the decision of whether to plead them to probation, like the venerable Legislature intended, or whether to throw in the towel and plead them all to
12.44(a) back time.

Here's another idea for casting: Helen Hunt. I like the Janine Turner idea, though. Angie Harmon is too tall and model-ly.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hold on here, how about Linda Hamilton, as she appeared in Terminator 2? That's the Kelly we all know and love, right?

And, perhaps we could get Arnold to come along as her loveable sidekick.

posted Hide Post
I'd like to see the lovely and talented Julia Roberts play Kelly Siegler. Julia's originally from Georgia, so why not? I'm sure she could do a Southern accent.

Posts: 13 | Location: Liberty, Texas | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
For those of you who haven't met Kelly, here's the object of our attention:

Let the (good-natured) fun continue ...

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Linda Hamilton is the best choice yet. As far as the be-stradled male prosecutor, I want to hear Kelly's choice. Come on Kelly, get involved in your premiere!

Posts: 170 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Julia Roberts is a wimp compared to Kelly.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Defense appellate brief complains about the 200 stabbing demonstration.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/2886929

As for it being a "real-time production of the most violent part of the blockbuster movie Basic Instinct", wasn't that scene entirely nude? That's the kind of dedication I like to see.

Posts: 38 | Registered: January 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they have considering doing the series in animation? Certainly could be a Saturday morning audience. Or, it could be a blockbuster sequel to The Incredibles. The mother in that movie could play Kelly. Isn't it Holly Hunter? Now, you don't have to worry about the age thing.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Cameras rolling for prosecutor TV drama
By ANDREW TILGHMAN
Houston Chronicle

Film crews will be in Houston this spring to begin shooting scenes for a new ABC legal drama based on the career of Harris County prosecutor Kelly Siegler.

Laws of Chance, from 20th Century Fox TV, will revolve around a feisty female assistant district attorney in Houston who uses unconventional methods to succeed in a world dominated by old-boy Texas attorneys.

Siegler drew national attention last year after demonstrating to jurors how she believed murder defendant Susan Wright, who later was convicted, tied her husband to a bed and stabbed him about 200 times.

Network executives approved the show's pilot earlier this year and the first season is in production for broadcast this fall.

Actress KaDee Strickland, 27, who appeared in last year's remake of The Stepford Wives with Nicole Kidman and played a guest role on the NBC series Law and Order, will play the show's lead character, Chance.

Siegler, 42, has agreed to work as a consultant for the show while she maintains her job at the district attorney's office.

She said she plans to travel to Los Angeles to advise the producers on how to make the show more realistic.

Courtroom scenes will be filmed in Los Angeles, but many outdoor scenes will be shot here, Siegler said.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
KaDee Strickland. You can check her out here:

IMDB.com

posted Hide Post
Is that how we are spelling "Katy" now?

posted Hide Post
I saw in the article that the prosecutor portraying (means based on) Kelly will be named Chance. Is that the character's last name or first name?

Some of you will remember the movie "Hellfighters" that chronicled legendary Texas oil well fire fighter Red Adair, played by John Wayne, back in 1968 or so, and in that movie they changed Red's name to JOHN CHANCE. Any chance they'll be related in this drama?

Seriously, best of luck to Kelly in LALA land.

And speaking of justice, there are few actors who could do Kelly justice...

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about the girl who played on China Beach way back when. I think her name is Dana Delaney, she would be perfect to Coolplay Kelly.

Susan Sarandon, yuk!--Kelly should be insulted. Kelly can't be played by a liberal, dingbat like her. Also, Kelly's way younger than Sarandon.

Posts: 50 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dana Delaney: