TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Recent US Supreme Case
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recent US Supreme Case Login/Join 
posted
Their was a recent Supreme Court case that held police are free to talk to incarcerated individuals about cases they are not being held on. Anyone no the case?

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A similar issue is currently before the SCOTUS:

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you mean Maryland v. Shatzer, 130 S.Ct. 1213
(2010) (Header: "(2) defendant's return to the general prison population, after he had invoked his right to the presence of counsel during custodial interrogation regarding allegations of criminal conduct separate from the conduct underlying the defendant's convictions, constituted a break in custody.").

Posts: 527 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas, | Registered: May 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found Shatzer after I posted, I thought there was something closer to the facts given, but Shatzer works

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post