Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fischer v. State Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We fight over what to redact. It just depends on the facts - is the recording of the officers observations, pre-arrest admissions by the defendant, post-arrest spontanious admissions, or an example of the defendants slurred speach. With DVD's it is not hard to redact the audio portions and still publish the video to the Jury. Be sure ask your judge to instruct the Jury that portions of the audio have been removed BY THE COURT for legal reasons and the jury should not consider the redactions for any purpose.

Posts: 261 | Location: Lampasas, Texas, USA | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John,

What software are you using to redact your DVDs.
I'm playing with Cinematize 2.0 on a trial run and it works pretty well, just wondering if you have something easier before we buy it.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Sonic My DVD." It came with the first external DVD burner we had in the office. It is several years old and I am sure there are better programs, but that would require me to unlearn the Sonic program and relearn something else. Since all we ever do is cut out portions of the audio, I have not seen any reason to go to that much effort.

Posts: 261 | Location: Lampasas, Texas, USA | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go with a Mac computer.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JB, I had a Mac in law school (and I miss it) but the county is Windows all the way.

Thanks John. Cinematize is fairly simple and it lets me cut out video and audio without too much trouble (once I figure out which file to click on). We just switched from Nero to Roxio to copy entire DVD/CDs and I hated switching since all I ever used was Nero.

Anyone else have a good editing program ??

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can now run Windows on the Mac to keep the county happy and use OSX for the really important stuff like editing video. Don't let the county push you around, Stacey.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post