TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    DWI - Getting Blood Search Warrant Into Evidence
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DWI - Getting Blood Search Warrant Into Evidence Login/Join 
posted
In a DWI case, the officer got a search warrant for a specimen of D's blood and a draw was done. The current Predicates manual seems to state that the probable cause affidavit and warrant can be admitted as one exhibit. Am I thinking of this correctly? What, if anything else, would I need? Thanks!

Posts: 38 | Location: Rusk, Texas  | Registered: January 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think the PC affidavit can be admitted, can it? It's just like a police report in that it's all hearsay statements created for a law enforcement purpose.

Posts: 198 | Location: San Marcos, Tx | Registered: June 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may be right. As I read the current edition of the predicates manual, however, it looks like the proper offer is both the PC affidavit and SW together. (TDCAA Predicates, 2017-19, p. 8)

Arron P. Swink
Assistant County Attorney
Cherokee County, Texas
apswink@cocherokee.org

Posts: 38 | Location: Rusk, Texas  | Registered: January 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post