TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    10 questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10 questions Login/Join 
posted
At the Annual Elected Prosecutor's Conference, one presenter (I forget who) said that they give a card to the officers which has 10 questions for a officer to ask the victim at the scene of a domestic violence call, which is recorded by the Officer's car or bodycam. Does anyone have those 10 questions? I can think of most but I like "tried and true" options best.

v/r

jth

Posts: 109 | Location: Kingsville, Texas, USA | Registered: July 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We use something similar in Fort Bend County. Our officers use a pre-printed "DV checklist" along with recording devices as standard practice in domestic violence cases. We will be glad to share. The Travis County DA's Office has what I think is a very good DV checklist. I'm sure there are other counties that use checklists as well.

Posts: 12 | Registered: June 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chad, are those the 11 questions listed on the bottom of page 6 of the Family Violence Resource Notebook from the association?

Posts: 10 | Registered: December 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went and checked. You are referring to the lethality factors section. There is some overlap with the corresponding section of our DV checklist. Our lethality factors section developed from our own experiences and materials "borrowed" from speakers at NDAA Conferences and the Crimes Against Women Conference in Dallas. Like the materials in TDCAA's resource notebook, our DV checklist covers much more than lethality factors. The DV Checklist in the resource notebook is very well done, IMHO.

Posts: 12 | Registered: June 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post