TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Subpoena Results Question.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subpoena Results Question. Login/Join 
posted
I am a criminal investigator with the UTA Police Dept. I am working a CC Abuse case which I will be clearing exceptionally because the victim no longer wants to press charges and I have developed a definite suspect. I have received results from 5 subpoenas during the course of the investigation. Now that I won't be filing the case, what do I do with the subpeona results? I know if I did file case then subpoenas do not go with case report; I would have to find DA assigned to case and give them directly to him.

Is there any special provision(s) dealing with subpeona retention/destruction? Do I shred them immediately? Wait until Statute of Limitations has run and then shred?

I have asked local DA and got conflicting answers.

Posts: 53 | Location: Arlington TX USA | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would first caution you about shopping for an answer other than the one given by your local DA.

Grand jury subpoenas are returned to the grand jury.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post