TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Form for Communicable Disease Test under 18.22?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Form for Communicable Disease Test under 18.22? Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have a form for a judge to order a communicable disease test under 18.22 CCP. My reading of the code suggests that a written order is not required, but I have an inmate who spit blood in the face of an officer, and I would like to get him tested for HIV and other diseases to which he may have purposefully exposed the officer, and if the case warrants it, prosecute him for it. I therefore want a papertrail of how we obtained the sample with a signed order.

Does anyone have such an order I could plagiarize?

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want to use the results as evidence in a criminal trial, you should use a search warrant to obtain the sample.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I see that now.

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a simple one-page order form for an 18.22 test for a peace officer, if anyone wants a copy. This new (9/2003) procedure is so much speedier and easier (and works in more body fluid contact arrest situations) than the pre-2003 forced testing law!

As the statute says, if you get the testing under CCP 18.22, you cannot use the results in a criminal proceeding.

Posts: 341 | Location: Tarrant County, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post