TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Demonstratives in Voir Dire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Demonstratives in Voir Dire Login/Join 
posted
If defense makes objections to photographs/power point slides (i.e. prejudicial) in voir dire what kind of arguments can the State make to support the position that we are allowed to educate the jury during jury selection? Is there any case law to support that argument? I am in a small county and they have never used technology in the courtroom before. Thank you.

Posts: 14 | Registered: November 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This link has some of the best summaries of voir dire case law.

http://www.tdcaa.com/journal/p...best-possible-jury-0

It also has some outstanding thoughts about jury selection in general. If you scroll down to the bottom of the article there is a link to download the full article. The one on the website is cut down a little. But throughout both there are footnotes to case law that address your questions.

Posts: 198 | Location: San Marcos, Tx | Registered: June 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jon. I actually have a copy and know Eric well. I didn't think to look there for case law. Smart!

Posts: 14 | Registered: November 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome! His footnotes are a virtual voir dire case law library.

Posts: 198 | Location: San Marcos, Tx | Registered: June 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post